Distal radius plate 3.5 Classic vas
Our distal radius plate 3.5 Classic as was the first angle-stable distal radius plate in the world. We developed it back in 2003 in collaboration with Dr Uwe Petereit, MD. Later on, it evolved into the variable angle-stable radius plates 3.5 Classic and Minor.
Distal radius plate 3.5 Classic vas – the precursor for the development of angle-stable implants.
Almost all distal radius fractures can be surgically treated with the distal radius plate 3.5 for palmar plate osteosynthesis. The anatomical form of the plate in combination with its angle stability and variable angle stability enable the stable treatment of all extra-articular and almost all intra-articular fractures without supplementary measures. The angle stability drastically reduces the risk of secondary loss of reduction.
The structural angle stability has the advantage that it induces a reduction to near-anatomical conditions in all cases. In the case of intra-articular comminuted fractures, the variable angle stability creates excellent conditions for positioning the screws according to the individual fracture situation. The implant can also be used with a narrower head width than the radius plate 3.5 Minor vas.
- Variable angle-stable holes in the plate head for secured fixation of the bone fragments is filled with
- Suitable for use on osteoporotic bone
- No secondary correction losses
- No intra-operative corrections necessary
- Elongated hole facilitates alignment of the plate with the bone
- Fixation holes for Kirschner wires
- Anatomically adapted plate shape
- Different plate versions for left and right
- The integrated plate opening allows intra-articular fragments to be reduced with additional instruments and defects can be filled with cancellous bone or bone substitute material.
- Variable angle-stable holes in the head region for Ø 3.5 mm angle-stable cortical screws
- Angle-stable holes in the shaft region for Ø 3.5 mm angle-stable cortical screws
- Plate thickness in the head: 3.0 mm
- Plate thickness in the shaft: 2.0 mm / 3.0 mm
- Head width: 27 mm
- 3 – 13 shaft holes
- Lengths: 51 – 136 mm
- Included in sets 19.112.00 and 19.1123.00
- Suitable instruments in set 19.035.00
- This radius plate is also available in an angle-stable design.