Screw LASA-DR 6.0
Compared to conventional procedures, double row fixation with the LASA-DR screw (lateral augmentation screw anchor) achieves a comparatively higher maximum tear-out strength and cyclic loading capacity with optimal tendon-bone contact, high contact pressure and rotational stability of the refixed tendon with a minimum of implants. Two-point fixation is sufficient for tears up to 1 cm; otherwise 4-point fixation is required.
Function of the LASA/DR screw
The LASA/DR screw consists of a pinpoint, a threaded rod, a thread-free neck and a flat head. Three sizes are available to cover a wide range of footprints: The medial double row sutures are transfixed with the pinpoint. The threaded rod anchors in the screw in the bone, the cerclage sutures are first secured medially on the tendon, then laterally knotted on the cortical bone around the screw neck and secured with the flat head.
Placing the lateral knot flat prevents subacromial knot impingement. With a single implant, the screw design allows medial anchorage in the relatively solid subchondral cancellous bone of the humeral head and in the lateral wall of the tuberosity, at right angles to the direction of pull. The use of one or two screws and multiples sutures enlarges the contact surface and rotational stability, strengthens the surface compression on the bone, minimises micromovements and achieves anatomical, step-free reduction.
The special design enables the double-row technique to be used for the first time with only a single implant. Suture fixation in particular does not rely on the thread anchor being more or less secure in the bone. Up to four pairs of thread can be used independently of each other without the risk of tearing or thread jamming. The implant can be removed after consolidation without opening the tendon, while the post-operative tendon assessment in the MRI is only marginally affected.
- Titanium screw = best possible anchorage in the bone
- Large ruptures can be treated
- Stable anatomical fixation with high tear-out force
- High contact pressure of the tendon on the bone for the best possible healing outcomes
- Shorter postoperative immobilisation
- Low implant costs – cost effective
- Lower revision rate than other implants
- Pinpoint to secure the sutures
- Threaded rod to anchor in the bone
- Thread-free screw neck to securely knot the cerclage sutures
- Flat head to avoid irritation
- With pin
- Ø 6.0 mm
- Available lengths: 30 mm / 35 mm / 40 mm
- LASA – DR = Lateral Augmentation Screw Anchor – Double Row
- No further designs available