Patella plate 3.5 vas-processing
Art. no. 5.8513.11
A patella fracture results in an interruption of continuity in the stretch flex mechanism and the incongruity of the patellofemoral articulation. Thereby, in addition to restoring the extensor mechanism and achieving a smooth joint surface, the goals of surgical treatment also include undisturbed fracture healing as well as a stable fixation for early functional exercise treatment to maintain joint function.
Surgical treatment of the patella fracture with the patella plate 3.5 variable angle-stable
Approximately one third of the fractures require surgical treatment.
The type of treatment for a patella fracture depends on the type of fracture, size of the fragments, stability of the extensor mechanism and congruity of the joint surface.
The development of the variable stable angle patella plate 3.5 introduced the principle of internal fixation, which is used for the treatment of patella fractures.
The bilateral stable angle plate has a high tensile strength and load stability and thus, provides stability during movement to prevent a post-traumatic joint stiffness and load stability in selected fractures.
- Anatomically formed, variable stable angle implant
- Uniform plate versions for left and right
- Good mouldability of the implant
- Bilateral fit minimises soft tissue irritation
- Two small arms to facilitate support of the distal pole of the patella
- The angle-stable bilateral plate osteosynthesis offers a higher level of stability and rigidity compared to conventional treatment with tension bands or cannulated screws.
- Reduced risk of secondary dislocation
- Primary reduction result is maintained through the principle of internal fixation of the angular stability
- Variable angle-stable holes for Ø 3.5 mm angle-stable cortical screws Head Ø 5.0 mm
- 11 plate holes
- Eyelets for temporary fixation
No further designs available.
Do you have any questions or would you like to order the product?
Tel.: +49 36738 498-550